Australia business owners have a responsibility to third parties – customers, employees, supplies and the community. Being held accountable for grievances can a negative impact on your reputation and finances. That is why liability cover is mandatory for business owners.
Public liability insurance protects you and your business against the financial risk of being found liable to a third party for death or injury, loss or damage of property or ‘pure economic’ loss resulting from your negligence.
- Personal Injury to a third party means:
- Death, bodily injury, sickness, disease, disability, shock, fright, mental anguish and mental injury
- False arrest, wrongful detention or imprisonment, and malicious prosecution
- Wrongful eviction
- Assault or battery
- Libel, slander, defamation of character or invasion of the right of privacy, occurring during the period of insurance.
Property Damage includes:
- Actual physical loss of or physical destruction of tangible property
- The loss of use of tangible property which has not been physically damaged but cannot be used due to physical damage to other tangible property which occurs during the period of insurance.
Call the friendly team at Orchard Insurance Brokers or drop into our office at Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast, to discuss a suitable Public Liability insurance policy for your needs.